Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I Covet This Floor

We moved to Ohio, from West Virginia, thirteen years ago. Hubby and I both grew up in West Virginia and are ready to return to live out our retirement years. Thus we have looked at many homes, of all descriptions over the past couple of years. Here is a house that I would have considered buying when our kids were growing up but now we don't need all the rooms this house provides. But...you gotta see the wood floors. This house was built in 1900 when elegant craftsmanship was a given, and believe me, the floors are elegant to say the least. This is perhaps what they referred to as the formal living room or maybe it is the "sitting room". No matter, look at those parquet floors. Can you imagine what it would cost to have a floor like that installed today?


As a quilter I was more interested the floor below. Again a wooden floor, but look at the design, pinwheels. How elegant would that be for a sewing room. I covet that floor.





No comments: