We are having a lot of snow but I have not taken any pictures of it. This week we are getting lake-effect snow. It has been snowing several hours a day for several days but we only five or six inches accumulation. It is very fine and powder-like, you almost have to strain your eyes to see it falling. However that is to change in the next couple of days, up to four inches tomorrow and four the next day. I'm hoping we actually get that much. The weathermen always promise, or threaten, depending on how much you like snow, but we seldom get as much as they predict.I had cataract surgery on my right eye on December 2nd and am having the cataract removed from my left eye next Wednesday, the 13th. No I'm not surperstitious. I have a beauiful grand daughter that was born on January 13, 2007 which is a huge blessing. I am hoping to have 20/20 vision in both eyes but I will still need reading glasses. It is like someone turned the lights on and moved everything close to my face. It is wonderful to be able to see things without glasses.
Here is another project I've been working on. For some reason I can't get a good picture. The colors just don't look like the real thing. They are deep and warm in reality. I'm going to quilt both of these projects by machine. Speaking of machines, I'm thinking of purchasing a new sewing machine. I've had a Viking for eight or nine years and have had no problems with it, so am thinking of going with another Viking. What kind of machine do you have? Would you recommend it? I would really love some input on this.

1 comment:
These are great blocks and I love the colors you chose on the orange one!
As far as sewing machines go, the one I use most is a very economically priced Simplicity Quilter's Classic - and from what I understand Simplicity machines are manufactured by White. I have seven sewing machines though, three of them are antique and I use them all.
I love my machine. I know that some sewers are die hard consumers of the higher end brands like Bernina, Janome, Babylock, or Pfaff, but I personally feel for the price those Viking's are the way to go. They are still expesnive, but if I had $2,000 to spend on a sewing machine I would go for the Viking. They are FANTASTIC machines, it's easy to find a service center for repairs, and they are priced great for what you get. I would expect to pay an additional $500-$1500 or more for an equivalent machine stamped with a high end name. Good luck, I am interested in what you decide!
Post a Comment