Thursday, January 21, 2010

Look what I got.

I received my fall-inspired mini quilt and am thrilled with it. Desi did a terrific job on it and the other things she sent me. First of all, look at these pretty pictures. One composed of lovely colors and the other a lovely child. Who wouldn't like these?


Now look at the back of the pictures. I know it is kind of hard to tell but they are envelopes. Cool. Right?

Now look even closer, they are envelopes made from the pages of a calendar. Desi is one crafty lady.



She also sent me two bars of homemade soap and a note card that is just a plain note card with a swatch of fabric glued to the front. Remember I told you she was crafty.

Now feast your eyes on the mini quilt she made for me. Is this beautiful or what? I am so in love with it. The colors are fabulous and the quilting is outstanding. She even quilted with varigated thread. I'm so blessed that she was my partner.


I forgot to take a picture of the back of it but, she put little fabric triangle hangers at the top corners. I have seen his done but never think of doing it till it is too late.




2 comments:

Desiree said...

Aww Della you make me look like a miracle worker and a genius! Thank you!!! I need you to talk to my husband lol :P I am so glad you liked everything!

*karendianne. said...

Superb! I really love your quilt. What a wonderful gift and that variegated thread just adds the perfect understated touch.