Tuesday, June 9, 2009

This and that of summer 09

Two years ago I agreed to take on the adventure of watching my youngest granddaughter and I enjoy it very much. I treasure every day I spend with her. They live in the country and this is part of my view from their deck. Riley and I have breakfast on the deck every Monday and Friday. The next pasture is thoroughbred horses. What more could you ask for.


Riley is now a busy 2 year old with energy to burn. If I could bottle her energy and sell it I would be rich indeed.




As she has grown our daily routines have changed. She is no longer content to stay inside. She wants outside the minute her feet hit the floor in the morning, turning each day into a new adventure for both of us. This is expected, but what I didn't expect, didn't see in my future was this...



Let me introduce you to Miss Marley.


Now I have two "babies" to watch, each with seemingly more energy than the other. Our first day together was interesting, with me trying to keep up with both of them. However, after thinking things through I decided...let them wear each other out. Brilliant! It is working like a dream. Riley still takes a two hour nap every day and Miss Marley takes a nap about every two hours. Life is good.







Summer has arrived in my yard. Love this oriental poppy. The delicate petals are like delicate super thin tissue paper.



Look at this clematis. Love that deep color.

This is my over-grow herb garden. I don't really care that it is out of control. I would rather have too much mint than a bed of weeds.

Last but not least I want to give a big CONGRATULATIONS to my darling sister-in-law, Jodie, who has received her wings to be an air-vac helicopter nurse. She has been a nurse for twenty years or so and this has been her goal for a very long time. Way to go Jodie. I love you and am so very proud of you. Fly safely dear.




No comments: