Thursday, January 29, 2009

Project for January...CHECK

I wasn't sure I was going to make it...

completing a WISP in January. But today is only the 29th! I have a couple of days to spare. That should give me time to finish at least one of the little holiday projects I started before Christmas and we can enjoy them come December. The alternative would be rushing to finish them after Thanksgiving. Anyway, here is my "finished" Fat Cat wallhanging...
Check out the eyes, some of the cats have red (heart) button eyes and some are just regular green buttons. That wasn't intentional, but I only had enough heart buttons for four of the cats, so I made do.
I wasn't about to go out in this weather. If you live in the United States you probably know that a large number of states were having really, really nasty weather yesterday. And we were among the "lucky" ones. This is the hillside in back of our village. That is not snow on the trees my friends, that is every branch of every tree covered in ice.

And this is my beautiful gardenia bush in my back yard. Poor baby, I don't think any branches broke off from the weight of the ice, but I won't know the total damage till spring.

I love winter, and it can snow all it wants, I am one of the few snow lovers around, but the ice is something else. We have to venture out in it today, for essential food, and tomorrow we both work, so that should be interesting. Oh the main roads should be clear, but the back roads will still be nasty. We have had a lot of snow this year and the salt supplies are getting low, so the road crews are getting stingy with it. We work near the high school, which is rural, so if school is cancelled again, as it was yesterday and today, they won't put much effort into clearing the back roads. A wait and see situation. BTW...it is snowing again.

No comments: