
and smacked Hub's fingers for eating these sausage rolls,
when for some unknown reason I walked outside. The weather had turned cold a couple of days ago and there is still snow on the ground but I didn't get a jacket or sweater, just stood on the back porch looking around and...two yards over I saw an orange cat. I called "kitty, kitty" but it didn't move, I YELLED "FRITZ" and the cat still didn't move, but looked in my direction. At that point I took off running, which is no easy feat when you are overweight and have two artificial knees, but believe me, I was running. When I got within six feet she still hadn't moved and I was afraid of scaring her. I called "kitty, kitty" again, no movement, I said "Fritz" and she started crawling on her belly (all cat owners will understand this move) toward me. As I picked her up she snuggled into my shoulder as she has done since she was a kitten (18 years ago), purring at the same time screaming MEOW, MEOW, MEOW at the top of her lungs. She is filthy, hungry, thirsty, cold, and extremely skinny. Just look at that dirty nose. You can't see her feet or belly but they are dark brown with dirt.
She has been on her own for three weeks and how she survived I will never know. We had cold temps, windchill factors of -11, snow, rain and 70 degree temps. I had walked the neighborhood numerous times calling her name. Was she in our neighborhood all that time? Had she gotten up under a car or in a truck and transported away from us and is just now getting back home? How did she keep from freezing? How much longer would she have lasted? This is one happy family and we shed more tears for her return than we did for her disappearance. I was afraid to cry when we couldn't find her. Tears would of made it so final, like I had given up. Hubs thinks perhaps she got in someones garage or shed when it was really cold. And he never doubted that she would come home. I really need to listen to him once in a while.
2009 is gonna be good!

She has been on her own for three weeks and how she survived I will never know. We had cold temps, windchill factors of -11, snow, rain and 70 degree temps. I had walked the neighborhood numerous times calling her name. Was she in our neighborhood all that time? Had she gotten up under a car or in a truck and transported away from us and is just now getting back home? How did she keep from freezing? How much longer would she have lasted? This is one happy family and we shed more tears for her return than we did for her disappearance. I was afraid to cry when we couldn't find her. Tears would of made it so final, like I had given up. Hubs thinks perhaps she got in someones garage or shed when it was really cold. And he never doubted that she would come home. I really need to listen to him once in a while.2009 is gonna be good!
5 comments:
I am so happy for you. What a wonderful way to start the year. She must be so thankful to back to her wonderful home. So nice to find your blog and what wonderful goodies you have there!!!!
I am so glad your Fritz is home! That is just heartbreaking when pets go missing...they are so much a part of the family! Thanks for the wonderful comments you left on my blog, I will add you to my list. Take Care!
I stumbled onto your blog purely by 'accident', but I am so glad that I did. What a happy ending to what must have been a terrible three weeks! Glad you found Fritz. It is very late now, but I will be back tomorrow to read some more of your blog. Happy New Year!
Hey there! You didn't leave a name or blog address to sign up for May Britt's and my One A Month challenge, so if you'd like to join, please confirm that this is the blog add that you want me to use and let me know what name to pop you on my list as. Still no email here, so can only communicate through comments on blogs - very frustrating!! Happy stitching Bear Hugs! KRIS
I'm so glad your cat is home. How happy you must be.
Now about that food.................OMG you need to stop showing that to us LOSERS over here. LOL My tummy wants some of those sausage rolls. The pie I can pass on but those sausage rolls.....I could eat all of them. LOL
Post a Comment