Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day

I have no idea how the middle of February got here so fast. Seems like I just got the Christmas decorations put away. After a very warm and spring-like two weeks the weatherman is promising snow flurries today, so perhaps "Punxsutawney Phil" was right when he predicted six more weeks of winter.

I have been busy with valentine quilt ideas, even bought some pink fabric at JoAnn's. The past couple of days I've needed idle hand work to keep me busy so carried this piece with me and am doing blanket-stitch around each heart, in white floss.
This is all old fabric from my stash. The borders are not sewn on, I just draped them across the edges for effect. I think I will probably use one of my new pinks for the border. I have also finished this table topper and need to get it sandwiched for another "carry along" to work on. I love the reds in this...

These Danish Hearts are so fast and easy I'm thinking I should make a couple more to put away for Christmas or birthday gifts.


Our younger daughter had surgery yesterday and is home and doing well. However, my 87 year old mother-in-law fell on Thursday and broke her pelvis so she may be hospitalized for a while. I'm worried that this will be the end of her independence. Please keep both of my loved ones in your prayers. Thank you very much.



2 comments:

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful Heart Quilt, Della! Your kitties are adorable too! Thanks for visiting my blog, Hugs, Mary

2ne said...

Nice hart quilts. Have a kreativ day