It is finally a quilt. Eight long years in the making and "I FINISHED IT". Kind of hard for me to believe. I guess it hasn't sunk in my brain yet. Love this quilt and I have loved working on it but come on...eight years. I'm thinking the reason that it took so long is, as much as I loved working on it, I would get really bored with it also. When I would get it out to work on it I would work so passionately that I would burn out quickly. For some it may look like a panel, or what I call a "cheater", but believe me, I would never work this long and hard on a cheater.
The idea grew in my head for a few months then I bought a piece of sky fabric and a piece of grass fabric. I hung them on my design wall and waited for my creativity. All I knew from that point was that I wanted a white picket fence. So with that in mind I let it grow with tree fabric, flower fabric, cat fabric and many, many others.

I'm going to hang this over my bed so I can enjoy it every day. Btw, that is my dog Harley in the lower right hand corner, giving his approval. You all have a great day.
5 comments:
Oh you should be so proud! To my eye this was well worth the time.
Delightful.
That is absolutely gorgeous. I recognize many of the fabrics, as I have used them in my free form quilts. Mostly I have done alpaca related show banners for myself and others. One that was really fun was for the "Spinster's Cottage", a yarn and spinning store.
I love the kitties in the flowers. I think cats believe they enhance the beauty of the flowers, don't you?
Beautiful work. So it took eight years - perfection is never fast! (And I love the kitties!)
Oh what a Beautiful Quilt Top!!! Believe me I have ones older than that, that I still have not finished. Yours is beautiful and you created yourself, I would hang it over my bed too! Just Beautiful!!
Love Harley too!!
Hugs, Mary
That is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I'd not know how to begin on that kind of quilt but I've always admired them.
Post a Comment