Last night was the Bud Shootout, which resulted in this...
just one of the many exciting moments of the race. And I was glued to the tv. It was an exiting race. However, the season doesn't officially begin until next Saturday night with the "Daytona 500". WooHoo...this girl is excited. Do we have any other NASCAR fans out there?On the sewing front I've been in the mood to make Valentine things. I didn't have anything particular in mind so started looking through some of my books when I came across these Danish Heart blocks. They were actually in one of the Christmas books that I purchased last fall called "Comfort and Joy" by Mary Hickey. She designed a lovely Scandinavian quilt with these hearts, which I will probably make later, but for now I am making the hearts into a table topper. I am working on the fourth heart and I think they are turning out really cute. Not sure how I'm putting them together, perhaps some sashing or perhaps not. I think a couple of lovely borders would be perfect. I have also made a set in shades of pink.

I don't have a sewing room, so it is necessary for me to use my dining room for all my crafts and I always have helpers. This is our big guy, Ford, who loves to squeeze himself into small spaces. I would say he is doing a wonderful job of that here, in a box of scraps.
And this beautiful little lady is his sister Fritz. Yep, she is the one who disappeared for three weeks. She sticks pretty close to me now that she is back home. 
2 comments:
Another Nascar fan checking in here. I am always lost for a couple of weekends when the season ends. LOL But...unlike you...I like the summer and hate cold and snow. Who is your driver??? I like a few of them....Jr., Edwards, Keselowski (up and coming)...plus a few others I cheer on if my favorites are having a bad day and can't win.
He looks like a big kitty that Ford does! :) Nothing like a Big Block. :> And Fritz is so cute. great blog. *karendianne.
Post a Comment