Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Weekend

The weekends fly by so quickly especially when your time is spent with loved ones. Today we attended a birthday dinner for our oldest granddaughter. She will be 20 at the end of the month but circumstances necessitated that we celebrate early. What a wonderful dinner, cooked by my girls. It always tastes better when someone else cooks it.

Here are my oldest granddaughters, with the birthday girl in the middle. I can't believe how grown up they are.

This is what I've been working on this week. It will be a lap quilt for my mother-in-law who is confined to a wheelchair for an undetermined amount of time. I will attach a small gold border,
then another border of blue. I haven't even picked out the fabric yet, just trying to use up my stash.
I have been lax in blogging and will try to do better. Y'all have a good one and thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

i LOVE your danish hearts table topper ... it is ADORABLE! What pattern is it that you used and what material is that ... it is absolutely beautiful!

*karendianne. said...

Happy day to your Granddaughter and what a sweet little quilt1

Lindsey said...

Hi Della,
What beautiful girls...especially the one in the middle!...love the quilt and what a nice idea for your mother in law. Very thoughtful.

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Love the blue/yellow quilt...and those girls are adorable, I have a 15 yr old too! And when the friends come over, it is just nonstop giggling...love that!! Hugs, Mary