Now I have flowers of another kind to share with you. This quilt is my wool quilt that I totally love. I don't have a current picture and this was taken in progress, almost finished. It took many months to make this quilt and I loved every minute of it.Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Flowers
Isn't this beautiful? I was so thrilled for find some of my tulips in full bloom when I was working in the yard on Saturday. I grabbed my camera and snapped this closeup but, before I could get more pictures I was distracted by hubbs. I didn't get any more pictures that day and when I went out the next day too take more pictures there was not a bloom anywhere, just greenery. This happened last year also. At first I thought someone picked them, but the stems are still there. It just looks like the blossoms were snapped off. My son-in-law suggested it could be deer, but in all probably we aren't going to see any deer in our yard. Our town is nestled between a large hillside and the river, which makes it seem like a possibility. However the deer would have to cross a four-lane highway, railroad tracks and many, many streets before getting to us. So I googled and found that, among other animals, rabbits will eat tulip blossoms, and we have lots of rabbits. We even see babies every year. So they are getting the blame. I have no idea what to do about it. Any suggestions?
Now I have flowers of another kind to share with you. This quilt is my wool quilt that I totally love. I don't have a current picture and this was taken in progress, almost finished. It took many months to make this quilt and I loved every minute of it.
Now I have flowers of another kind to share with you. This quilt is my wool quilt that I totally love. I don't have a current picture and this was taken in progress, almost finished. It took many months to make this quilt and I loved every minute of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What a charming quilt - I've not seen an all wool one before.
wow! Now that's one beautiful quilt. I love this. What a work of art!!!!
I totally love this one too! I've seen this somewhere before to purchase I think...looks fantastic!!
Love the quilt! We sprayed pepper water on our flowers to keep the rabbits away. The bad thing is once it rains, you need to repeat the process. We also use to apply dried blood which we bought at a farm supply store. It worked well, but stunk.
Post a Comment